NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence at the time of entry (19 in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 in Mississippi). Entrants must have an Instagram account in good standing and Internet access. Individuals who are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of The Scotts Company, LLC, its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to this Promotion, as well as the immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouses, regardless of where they live) and those with whom such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives are domiciled (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. (NEW JERSEY NOTICE: This Promotion is not void in the state of New Jersey). Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations of these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, approved or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Sponsor: The Scotts Company LLC, 14111 Scottslawn Road, Marysville, OH 43041
- Timing: The Promotion begins at 11:00 A.M. PST on June 16, 2017 and ends at 11:59 P.M. PST on June 18, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Enter: To enter:
- Follow the Sponsor on Instagram: @ecoscraps
- Take a picture in “Undump Truck” and post it to Instagram during the Promotional Period, along with the hashtags: #growgardensnotlandfills AND #sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Entries must also comply with the “Entry Requirements” described below. Any use of automated, robotic, macro, programmed or similar quick-entry programs, or attempts to exceed the maximum number of entries permitted, is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter to Promotion. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible entries include entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contain racial slurs, or contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or are not within the spirit of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion (“Entry Requirements”).
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE PRIZE WINNER: On or about June 25, 2017, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select ten (10) potential winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Following the drawing, the potential winners will first be notified using a private message via Instagram and subsequently must reply, providing mailing address where (s)he can receive his/her prize as instructed by Sponsor. If a potential winner does not submit a mailing address where (s)he can receive her/his prize as instructed within a seven (7) day period from when the notification is sent, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing, if time permits. If Sponsor attempts to contact a potential winner, then such potential winner must respond to such notification, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the message or such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing, if time permits. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced. NOTE: Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Ten (10) winners will receive either one (1) ecoscraps hat or one (1) ecostraps headphones. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $20 USD for the hat and $40 USD for the headphones. Total ARV of all prizes is $300 USD. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of prize or prize components may differ from stated ARV and Sponsors will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prize may differ from any promotional images. Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance.
Except where prohibited by law, potential winners must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the prize notification correspondence. If potential winners fail to provide the Affidavit within the required period of time, Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, disqualify potential winners and select alternate potential winners. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsors’ inability to contact a potential winner, as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- DISQUALIFICATION: If an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then such entrant will be disqualified. If a prize, prize documentation or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, this will result in disqualification. In the event an entrant is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason under the provisions of the Official Rules, then an alternate potential winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, if time permits.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, virus, bugs, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity, availability, fairness or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, together with its respective affiliates and related companies, including without limitation its parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Promotion, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Promotion and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, websites, network hardware or software beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEY ARE WAIVING THEIR RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT. PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT: (I) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY -- WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION -- BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND THE SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER RELATED DISPUTES (THE “AAA RULES”) THEN IN EFFECT; (II) ANY ARBITRATION SHALL BE HEARD BY ONE ARBITRATOR TO BE SELECTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AAA RULES, IN COLUMBUS, OH; (III) UNLESS BOTH PARTICIPANT AND SPONSOR AGREE IN WRITING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; AND (IV) JUDGMENT UPON ANY AWARD RENDERED MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.
- RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the winners list or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 18, 2017: Undump Truck Winner List, Attn Nick Walker, The Scotts Company LLC, Ecoscraps, 406 W. South Jordan Pkway, Suite 160. South Jordan, UT 84095