Ever wondered how to grow more of your favorite succulents at home? With the help from our friends at Orta Kitchen Garden, growing succulents from an existing succulent plant is easier than ever.
Dan, our CEO and official office gardener, was ever so helpful in taking us through the process, step by step.
A Step by Step Guid to Propagating Succulent Leaf Cuttings
What you’ll need:
- (1) 8 qt ecoscraps natural and organic potting mix
- (1) existing succulent plant
- (1) orta self watering seed pot (or similar growing container
- (1) pair of scissors / knife
Step 1: fill each empty hole with ecoscraps natural and organic potting mix
- cut leaves from existing succulent plant and place one (or more) into each hole
- no need to push leaves down into the soil – place on top of potting mix
- fill the orta self watering seed pot with water (remove cork to fill and refill) and find the perfect spot in your home for your new plants!
- succulents are a desert plant and love the sun, so keep that in mind when finding your perfect place
- be sure to refill the water reservoir once a week